If you’ve never been here before, I’m so happy that you stopped by. If you are a regular, thank you for coming back.
I’ve been thinking that I should share some stuff about myself on the “About” page so you lovely readers can get to know what I’m all about, and at the same time, I can exorcise a little of my narcissism. No, not “exercise”, although that would also be appropriate.
We’ll see how long that lasts until I think of more stuff to over share that you don’t really care about.
So, here you go:
- I’m really immature for my age.
- I’m a big Star Wars fan (the original trilogy – not feeling much love for the prequels, unfortunately. Hoping the next movies don’t suck).
- I have a pretty sick sense of humor (most nurses do).
- I never wanted kids, but now I have a small army of them and I couldn’t be more pleased.
- I gave up my career as a nurse practitioner and clinical nursing instructor at a highly-esteemed university to stay home with my sweet brood so I could home school them.
- I have an issue with round edges – I can’t handle rounded tables, rugs or most circles of any kind. I prefer right angles. No posts about that, sorry.
- I have a fear of heights and large water bodies. Sometimes, I lay awake at night and think about falling and drowning. Then I worry about my kids possibly falling or drowning or being otherwise injured in the most improbable ways. I also lay awake at night thinking of dumb stuff like this. Beats drowning and falling.
- I have a list of favorite words. This list includes “skeleton”, “pelican”, “roll” (not role, though), and “crevasse”. I try to use these words often and with as much flair as possible.
- I have misophonia, which is a sensitivity to other people’s sounds like chewing, drinking, coughing, nail-clipping, etc. (as well as any repetitive physical movement like fidgeting). It sounds dumb, but it’s a real “thing”. This is a challenge with kids because all of their sounds are kind of gross and, at times, enraging. I’ve had this weirdness for as long as I can remember – even as a kid. Here’s an example for you: There was a girl who sat behind me in my government class in college who started eating sunflower seeds during the lecture – she would put the seed in her mouth, pop the shell open with her teeth and then spit it out and put it in a bag on her desk. It is a miracle that she survived class that day.
- Actually, that’s a bad example – everyone in class wanted to kill her. She was that loud. How did she not realize how loud she was?? The rudeness and disrespect for her fellow classmates?? UGH. I’m still bitter, can you tell?
- I like to rearrange furniture. A lot. Even when I’m sick.
- I was a girl scout for about twenty minutes.
- I love food and I love to cook.
- I love movies. Especially if they’re about food or cooking, or have Johnny Depp in them.
- I love to read.
- I really want to write a book some day.
- I almost became a crazy cat lady. I seriously love cats, people.
- My Mister is the yin to my yang. He’s the bacon to my eggs. Penguin for life, or whatever. He’s really cool.
- I like old Barry Manilow songs.
- I love to make people laugh, even at my own expense.
That’s all I’ve got for now. To know me is to love me & stuff. Thank you for visiting my little blog – enjoy.